All FAQ responses are subject to periodical update.
[Standard terms: available on request]
- What is your illustration process
- Do you sell prints
- What is your rate
- Would you work in a different style
- What is the typical fee
- What is conceptual illustration
- How do we commission artwork
- What if we have a limited budget
- Do we need a graphic designer
- Can you write the text
- Can we collaborate
- Can we use existing artwork
- Do you offer consultation
What is your illustration process?
Inventive draftsmanship is central to my practice. Firstly, by considering ideas and preliminary ‘roughs’, agreement on image concepts can be reached. This guides the development of consolidated artwork, which sees use of traditional drawing and digital image-making techniques.
Do you sell prints?
At this time the focus of my practice is on fulfilling commissions, which is why purchasable goods are rarely available. For timely updates follow @madebyhass on Twitter and/or Instagram.
What is your rate?
There is no standard rate when pricing, be it daily or weekly. By properly assessing the prospective task a flat fee can be set that is in line with its commercial value. This prevents bespoke work being treated as a commodity, while also ensuring there is clarity about the final fee.
Would you work in a different style?
My artwork looks the way it does because it is underpinned by my draftsmanship. While different atmospheres can be evoked, the drawing style does not fluctuate.
What is the typical fee?
Illustration work varies considerably between projects, for which reason there is no single definitive price guide. The following are certain to influence an estimate:
- The number of image(s) required
- The complexity of the depicted subject(s)
- The amount of time to turn around the work
- What items are deliverable
- The scope of use