Collection of Personal Information
01. Visiting this Site automatically collects particular information about the User’s device. This may include the web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as this Site is browsed, information is collected about the individual web pages or products that Users view, what websites or search terms referred Users here, and information about how Users interact with the Site. This automatically-collected information is referred to as ‘Device Information.’
Device Information is Collected With the Following Technologies
02. First and third party ‘Cookies’ are data files placed on a User’s device or computer, and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
03. ‘Log files’ track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including User IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
04. ‘Web beacons’, ‘tags’, and ‘pixels’ are electronic files used to record information about how Users browse the Site. Additionally when a purchase is made or attempted through the Site, certain user information is collected, including a User’s name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. This is referred to as ‘Order Information.’
How Personal Information is Used
06. Order Information is collected to fulfil orders placed through this Site. This includes processing payment information, arranging shipping, and provision of invoices and/or order confirmations. Additionally, Order Information is used to communicate with Users, screen orders for potential risk or fraud, and, when in line with the User preferences, provide information or advertising relating to products or services.
07. Collection of Device Information is used to screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, a User’s IP address. More generally, Device Information is used to improve and optimise the Site. For example, by generating analytics of how Users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of SEO, marketing, and advertising campaigns.
08. Users’ Personal Information is shared with third parties to aid efforts described above (points 06–07). For example, Gumroad is used to power the online store. More about how Gumroad uses Personal Information can be found at gumroad.com/terms. Also, Google Analytics is used to better understand how Users interact with the Site. More about how Google uses Personal Information can be found at google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. Users can opt-out of Google Analytics at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
09. Lastly, Personal Information may be shared to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect the rights of the Site creator and/or hosting company.
Do Not Track
10. Please note that the Site’s data collection and use practices are not altered when a browser issues a ‘Do Not Track’ signal.
11. European residents have the right to access personal information held, and to request that personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If Users wish to exercise this right, contact information is provided below. Additionally, Users residing in European, do note that your information is being processed in order to fulfil customer orders, contracts, or otherwise to pursue legitimate business activity outlined in the points above. Additionally, do note that User information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to North America.
12. When orders are placed via the Site, Order Information shall be maintained for record-keeping unless and until deletion of this information is requested by the User.
14. For more information about privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, contact by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org